LONDON - China's largest premier commercial property and entertainment conglomerate, Dalian Wanda Group Wednesday entered into 320million pounds definite acquisition deal with leading British yacht company, Sunseeker International Ltd, under which Wanda will acquire a majority shareholding of 91.81% in pre-eminent luxury motor yacht manufacturer. Under the agreement, the remaining 8.19% ...
MADRID - Spain risks high joblessness and sluggish growth for years unless its government together with Europe takes "urgent action' to generate growth and jobs, the International Monetary Fund stated Wednesday. "While there are signs the economic contraction may end soon, the outlook remains difficult," IMF said in its annual assessment of the Spanish economy. "But unemployment remains ...
Actor Johnny Depp, who often sports tinted glasses, has revealed he has been "basically blind as a bat" in his left eye. He ha said he suffers the problem since birth. He is also near-sighted in his right eye and says he relies heavily on his prescription spectacles for his vision. "Everything is just very, very blurry. I've never had proper vision," thesun.co.uk quoted the 50-year-old as ...
According to a new study, first impressions of experiences have a greater impact when consumers share the experience with others. "When consumers consume an experience alone, the end of the experience has a greater effect on their overall evaluations. On the other hand, when consumers consume an experience with others, the beginning has a greater influence on how they judge the entire ...
Award-winning actress Dame Helen Mirren is said to be the new face of lifestyle and fashion brand, Marks amp; Spencer. The 67-year-old was spotted shooting for brand's new ad campaign at London's St Katharine's Docks, here, Sunday, alongside TV personality Katie Piper, who is also believed to be starring in the advertisement, reports femalefirst.co.uk. It would be the first fashion campaign ...
60.2°F Mostly Cloudy
Bonnie and Clyde
"Bonnie and Clyde" is one of those quintessential American films that has firmly established itself in the realms of cinematic lore. It is a film that took considerable risks, but somehow or another, all the gears clicked at the right time, and director Arthur Penn wound up with a national masterpiece he was never able to equal. The film is not so much about fact as it is about legend. Yes, there ... ...
(Reuters) - Fewer drivers will take to the road during the Independence Day holiday in part due to a sluggish economy, but also because people will take less time off, travel group AAA said on ...
Nine Network boss Jeff Browne ventured into sensitive territory when he said the $450 million he paid for cricket broadcast rights gave his station a say with Cricket Australia on which players should take the field. "I understand they've got to rest some players to give them longevity in their careers but they also understand that we've got to have the best players on the ...
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written ...
Host England sauntered into the Champions Trophy final after South Africa was bowled out for 175 in fairly benign conditions. England will play the winner of a semifinal between India and Sri Lanka in ...
June 19 | Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18pm EDT June 19 (Reuters) - U.S. celebrity chef Paula Deen, known for her high-calorie Southern cooking, admitted in a deposition that surfaced on Wednesday that she has used racial slurs but her attorney says she does not tolerate prejudice. A former employee of Paula Deen Enterprises, Lisa Jackson, is suing Deen and her brother Earl "Bubba" Hiers ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Tropical gardens, salt water lagoons, exotic wildlife, two championship golf courses, a full service health spa, eight tennis courts, racquetball, ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Danny Green and Gary Neal outscored Heat "Big Three" to give San Antonio Spurs a 113-77 victory over defending champion Miami Heat, establishing 2-1 series lead in 2013 NBA Finals here on Tuesday.
Both Green and Neal did excellent job beyond the arch. Green knocked down seven three pointers, only missing two attempts, while Neal buried six out of 10. Green scored a game high 27 points and Neal, coming from the bench, added 24. The Spurs duo combined 51 points, outscoring the 43 from the "Big Three" (16 from Dwyane Wade, 15 from LeBron James and 12 from Chris Bosh).
"Not getting down if things didn't go well, to continue to push and to work, and to Danny's credit, he's done that," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich about Danny Green, who had been cut twice during the last couple of year. Green led all players with 56 points after the first three Finals games, six more than James, Xinhua reports.
"Luckily I've been open," said Green.
"My teammates did a good job of finding me and encouraging me to shoot every time when I'm open. Pop does a great job telling us let it fly."
Tim Duncan added 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Spurs. Kawhi Leonard contributed 14 points and 12 rebounds.
The Spurs hit 16 three pointers, best in NBA Finals history, and out-rebounded the Heat 52-36. ...
- New drug offers new hope for AMD sufferers
- Older males make better fathers
- Workers in Britain suffer the greatest fall in wages since the 1930s
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies of heart attack in Italy aged 51
- Can middle aged women handle the crop
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Surveillance stopped at least 50 terror attacks, says NSA director
- US condemns attack on UN office in Somalia
- Yankees on deck vs. Rays
- ’Hawks win OT thriller tie series
- Prideful Spurs can bounce back from tough ‘L’
- Mangold Locker room wants Sanchez to start
- James This may be ‘biggest game of my life’
- Facebook designing network fabric to meet massive performance needs
- Veris Gold Corp. announces appointments
- Avigilon Corporation Announces Election of Directors
- American Hotel Income Properties REIT LP announces June 2013 cash distribution
- Marathon Gold Announces Results of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- Liv Tyler to make TV debut
- Assange to stay in Ecuador embassy even if charges are dropped
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over phone hacking
- Facebook looking to partner with Samsung to boost mobile advertising sales
- Cannes impressions A tortoise shares his takeaways
- James Gandolfini is Dead at 51
- Advertising Steal This Idea a Campaign Urges
- Coca-Cola and Skechers Offer Brands New Halos at Annual Licensing Show
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- National Guard center likely coming to Buckley
- Protest calls for separate oversight of recreational medicinal pot
- Pierce County executive team proposes new building
- Lakewood left with one city manager candidate after Phelps withdraws
- Some question possibility of a marijuana monopoly