Doctors have been able to successfully treat a 2.5-year-old boy who had suffered from cardiac arrest and brain damage, putting him in a vegetative state, using his own cord blood containing stem cells. The symptoms improved significantly; over the following months, the child learned to speak simple sentences and to move. "Our findings, along with those from a Korean study, dispel the long-held ...
Extreme heat can affect medicines and these can become life threatening for those using them, doctors said Thursday. "Quality of medicines can deteriorate during summers because of high temperatures. As most medicines are designed to be stored at normal room temperatures, no drug should be exposed to temperatures higher than 86 degrees fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius)," the Delhi Medical ...
Minister for Health James Reilly has expressed concern about issues raised in a planned RTÉ Prime Time programme on creches. He said Minister for Children Frances Fitzgerald was also concerned. Mr Reilly said he would be watching the issue closely and awaited the report from the Health Service ...
China's Margaret Chan, Director-General of the World Health Organization, WHO, leaves the podium after delivering a speech during the 66th World Health Assembly at the European headquarters of the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, Monday, May 20, ...
Hospital chain MedStar Health is expanding its network of walk-in clinics, announcing plans for two more urgent care clinics not previously disclosed. MedStar officials have informed District regulators they will seek permission to open a combined urgent care clinic and doctors' office in the Anacostia neighborhood of southeast D.C. A similar operation is also planned to open this summer in ...
50.5°F Mostly Cloudy
Bless the Child
Satan has been having quite a year at the movies. Coauthoring ancient texts in Roman Polanski's "The Ninth Gate" and posing in the enviable form of Elizabeth Hurley to buy Brendan Frasier's soul in Harold Ramis' upcoming remake of "Bedazzled," the Prince of Darkness has been quite busy lately. However, he makes perhaps his boldest appearance in "Bless the Child," a film in which his presence haun ... ...
Fri May 24, 2013 10:51am EDT (The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, May 24 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed the 'A' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings on The Doctor's Company, an Inter-Insurance Exchange (Doctors) and its wholly owned insurance subsidiaries (see list below), collectively referred to as The Doctors Company Group (TDC). The ...
One item that was taken off the agenda Thursday by Covered California was action on supplemental benefits, including stand-alone vision and dental plans. This is the same issue that got Rancho Cordova-based VSP Global stirred up last August, threatening to grow elsewhere if the state kept the company out of the program. The big news out of Covered California this week was the 13 plans in the ...
Last year, the founders of Vaxess Technologies - including Michael Schrader, Livio Valenti, Kathryn Kosuda, and Patrick Ho- won Harvard University President's Challenge. Newly-launched Vaxess Technologies Inc., a life sciences company developing vaccine stabilization technology, has closed the first tranche of a $3.75 million Series A round of financing. Norwich Ventures led the round, which ...
Vickie Peoples is vice president of patient and family experience at Childrens Medical Center of Dayton. Making sure that patients have a good experience with Childrens Medical Center of Dayton is the job of every staff member, Vickie Peoples says. Peoples is the new vice president of patient and family experience for the hospital, where she strives to ensure patients and their families have a ...
Mercy LIFE has expanded its elderly services program into Delaware County. LIFE is an acronym for living independently for Elders. The Philadelphia-based Mercy LIFE program, a subsidiary of Mercy Health System of Conshohocken, Pa., provides all-inclusive health-care, recreation, nutrition and spiritual services designed to enable senior adults to remain living independently in their homes. The ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The NBA board of governors rejected a bid which could see Sacramento Kings move to Seattle and voted instead to keep the franchise in Sacramento.
"This was not an anti-Seattle vote, it was a pro-Sacramento vote," said NBA commissioner David Stern, who also expressed his hope to have a deal in place within two days with a group that wants to buy the team from the Maloof brothers, reports Xinhua.
The 22-8 vote Wednesday, followed a recommendation made last month by the NBA's relocation committee, rejected the deal that would have sold 65 percent controlling interest of the franchise, valuing $625 million, to a Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, who boosted the offer twice after the NBA showed an unwillingness to relocate.
Hansen hoped to move the franchise to Seattle and rename it the SuperSonics. The original Seattle Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 and were renamed the Thunders.
It's the second time since 2011 that the Maloof brothers have made plans that would have ended in relocation for the Kings. The first target was Anaheim, California.
- How Growth of Elderly Population in U.S. Compares with Other Countries
- Housekeeper admits stealing elderly womans ring
- Auroras pension move helps increase operating income
- Yet more woe for Irish Pension Managed Funds
- How a Sweet Tooth and Nostalgia Turned Sprinkles Guru Candace Nelson to Ice Cream
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Lincolns life-saving note put up for 15000 dollars
- RGIII makes practice return
- Source Jets Goodson to practice next week
- Hibbert Should have pushed to be on floor
- Watch Toronto fan throws a beer at Os McLouth
- 463 feet Trout clubs longest home run of career
- Cabinet approves proposal for creation of 20751 additional posts in IT Dept
- Berlusconi at centre of massive tax fraud says court
- EU regulators seek tax transparency from companies
- Harpers ex-chief of staff kept close tabs on Senate expenses audit
- Parliamentary Secretary Paul Calandra Announces Funding for Culture Days
- Embattled PG CEO Out Replaced by Predecessor
- Justin Bieber Is Sad About a Lot of Things but Probably Not the Teen Employment Rate
- A Turkish Law Aims To Ban All Alcohol Ads
- Ban tobacco advertising promotion and sponsorship
- McDonalds In Australia Just Released A Series Of Really Depressing Ads
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Bill balances desires of adoptees birth parents
- State lawmakers vote no on flaws yes to photo retouching
- Should gay men in Washington be vaccinated for meningitis
- The mystery of the toilet-paper thief
- W. Wash. woman shares story of military rape