NEW YORK - Yahoo promised "not to screw it up" as it formally announced its acquisition of the popular Tumblr blogging platform for $1.1bn in cash, giving the company a much-needed base in social media to reach a younger generation of users. The relaxed wording of the memo for one of the internet giant's biggest acquisitions was echoed in the memo sent by David Karp, Tumblr's 26-year-old ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner is expected to plead guilty during Cricket Australia hearing over his recent Twitter rant with two prominent journalists. Senior Code of Behaviour Commissioner, Justice Gordon Lewis, will hear the case via teleconference. According to news.com.au, Warner faces sanction ranging from a fine, suspension, reprimand or counseling after being reported under CA's ...
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin took to Facebook over the weekend to express her skepticism of global warming. Palin argued that global warming was not happening, pointing that it was snowing in Alaska in May. According to the Huffington Post, she wrote in a post on her Facebook page 'global warming my gluteus maximus'. In her Facebook argument, Palin confuses weather with climate, a ...
The 2013 Yellow Social Media Report has analyzed that a growing number of Australians are using social network at an addictive rate wherever they can, even in toilet cubicles! According to the study, three out of every five internet users are accessing these sites more than five times a day, making it a total of seven hours a day. In a report by News.com, the study found that the time spent by ...
WASHINGTON -- A non-profit technology company based in Kenya has created a wireless internet router that it says will help people living in places where electricity is spotty and internet service is unreliable. Founded in early 2008, Ushahidi is known primarily for its open-source software applications, but is now launching its first piece of hardware, called the BRCK. One of the BRCK's ...
56.5°F Mostly Cloudy
Empire of Passion (Ai no borei) [DVD]
Nagisa Oshima was never an easy filmmaker to pin down, constantly shifting his visual style and subject matter even as he maintained a consistent focus on the socially marginalized, a reflection of his leftist sensibilities in an intensely conservative era. It is no great surpr ... ...
The influential economist Albert O. Hirschman argues that customers can have a disciplining effect on companies and markets through their exit and voice behaviors. Instead of simply "quitting" a product, Hirschman urged customers to voice their complaints so companies could improve and learn. Hirschman would be a happy camper these days because social media puts a megaphone on the ...
Detectives on the hunt for two fugitive gangsters earlier this month turned to Facebook for clues. That's where they say they hit the jackpot: Photos of Mario Daniel McDonald and Joseph Wayne Edwards each holding a shotgun. McDonald, 23, and Edwards, 27, are prohibited from possessing firearms because they are convicted felons, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said in a statement ...
The Texas Emerging Technology Fund is expected to be allocated $50 million for the next biennium. The Texas Emerging Technology Fund is expected to be replenished with $50 million for the next two years, based on a new budget deal, the Austin American Statesman reports. Although this falls below Gov. Rick Perrys request of $69.5 million for the ETF for the next two years, the amount is still a ...
Pinterest has received its first significant update with how pinned images appear on the website. Called "Rich Pins", these images that are pinned contain a host of more information right from the originating image site, such as product purchase information or ingredient listings for recipes. Pinterest ...
Newsle co-founders Jonah Varon, left, and Axel Hansen, right, dropped out of Harvard to launch their news discovery startup in the Bay Area. Shown with them is full-stack engineer Chris Pol. Axel Hansen and Jonah Varon are building a startup based on who you know and who you want to know more about. The 22-year-olds landed $1.65 million in funding for Newsle this week from Advance Publications, ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Stamford Grand, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia
The Stamford Grand is a landmark hotel built on Glenelg Beach, about 11 kilometres from the City of Adelaide. A ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The NBA board of governors rejected a bid which could see Sacramento Kings move to Seattle and voted instead to keep the franchise in Sacramento.
"This was not an anti-Seattle vote, it was a pro-Sacramento vote," said NBA commissioner David Stern, who also expressed his hope to have a deal in place within two days with a group that wants to buy the team from the Maloof brothers, reports Xinhua.
The 22-8 vote Wednesday, followed a recommendation made last month by the NBA's relocation committee, rejected the deal that would have sold 65 percent controlling interest of the franchise, valuing $625 million, to a Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, who boosted the offer twice after the NBA showed an unwillingness to relocate.
Hansen hoped to move the franchise to Seattle and rename it the SuperSonics. The original Seattle Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 and were renamed the Thunders.
It's the second time since 2011 that the Maloof brothers have made plans that would have ended in relocation for the Kings. The first target was Anaheim, California.
- Mediterranean diet may help boost ageing brain power
- Further Austerity Will Subject Seniors To Even Deeper Poverty Report
- Jeep inspection to determine if mechanical errors led to crash killing 20-year-old woman
- Pensions Are Top Income Source for Wealthier U.S. Retirees
- Elderly driver dies in horror head-on crash near Cairns
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Deadly US Twister Hits Tornado Alley
- Rescuers Searching for Survivors Following Deadly US Tornado
- Kerry Mideast Talks on Syria to Include Russian Call for Involving Iran
- Westwood staying out of it
- San Fran snags Super Bowl
- Cowboys Bryant Comfortable with my life
- Jackets see 13 percent increase in ticket sales
- Phil Jackson says best offer came from Nets
- Apple accused of billion-dollar tax evading scheme
- Costing Institute celebrates Annual Day
- Mary J. Blige hit with $3.4m tax bill
- British PM seeks joint effort against tax evasion
- NATIONAL Public Relations Appoints Maryse Harvey as Vice-President
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- A Pearl Buck Novel New After 4 Decades
- ESPN Is Cutting 300 to 400 Jobs
- Advertisers Are Watching You Inside The World Of Facial Recognition Technology
- Nominate The Most Creative People In Social Media Marketing
- Wayin replaces CEO names Wood to job and board
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Correction Missing Mom-Utah story
- Neighbors not ready to give up on troubled Cal Anderson Park
- Lawyer Feds investigating disappearance of Susan Powell
- Consultant selected for Longview coal terminal
- Survey of Seattle students finds many risky behaviors on the decline