MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (AP) -- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has declared a state of emergency in three counties around a collapsed Interstate 5 bridge. Inslee said in his proclamation Friday that the bridge collapse has caused extensive disruption, impacting the citizens and economy in Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom Counties. The governor is instructing the emergency management division of the ...
SEATTLE -- A man going by Capt. Jack Truska, Sgt. Drumbowski or "some other gruff TV cop name" is targeting elderly women and scamming them out of tens of thousands of dollars, according to the Seattle Police Department. According to police, the con artist has targeted at least six women between the ages of 78 and 90 and stolen more than $75,000 from five of them. The man ...
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (AP) - The Washington Transportation Department says 71,000 vehicles a day used the stretch of Interstate 5 through Mount Vernon that is now blocked by the collapse of the Skagit River bridge.Mount Vernon is about 60 miles north of Seattle and 40 miles south of the Canada Border. The roadblock on both directions of I-5 is expected to cause a major disruption in trade and ...
a video advertising a March ';Pot Pig'; dinner where the pigs were reputedly eaten . The point was to add fiber and flavor to the animals; the four pigs invoved, apparently, gained more weight than the norm (and were mellower too?) The story has gone viral worldwide, ...
The Grays Harbor County prosecutor says Thurston County SWAT officers were justified in fatally shooting a man during a standoff in March in ...
Message in a Bottle
"Message in a Bottle" is a somewhat unwieldy romantic film that teeters constantly even though it is built on the solid foundation of timeless romantic notions: endless love that extends beyond death, broken people learning to love again, the power of honest, heart-rending prose to reduce even the strongest, most independent sort to a weeping puddle, and the idea that a love letter can float throu ... ...
PORT ORCHARD, Wash. — A Kitsap County jury decided the maker of a surgical robot was not to blame for a botched prostate operation on a Bremerton man. The jury said Thursday that Intuitive Surgical Inc. had given surgeon Scott Bildsten adequate training. He was conducting his first solo operation with the device in 2008 at Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton when he encountered ...
Seattle police say a con artist posing as a cop has scammed at leastfive elderly women out of more than $75,000. According to police, the man phoned the victims at their homes and identified himself as "Capt. Jack Truska," or "Sgt. Drumbowski," or some other name. Heclaimedto be investigating banks for passing counterfeit money to customers. After questioning the victims ...
detour route around the collapsed Interstate 5 bridge over the Skagit River - and could grow worse over the weekend - state transportation officials said. "It’s going to be slow going out there," said Washington State Department of Transporation spokesman Mike Allende. "We’re advising people to stay home if they can, or leave as early as possible." The estimated ...
first reported by USA Today . The Seahawks since confirmed the news. McCoy was apparently injured during Monday’s OTA, which was open to the media. He went down late in the practice with the injury. McCoy was slated to be the backup tight end ...
The truck driver whose oversized load caused an Interstate-5 bridge to collapse on Thursday had an excellent driving record, according the Canadian trucking company he works for. Mullen Trucking LP, based in Aldersyde, Alberta, has had no problems with driver William Scott during his eight or nine years with the company, said Ed Scherbinski, Mullen's vice president of operations. "He ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The NBA board of governors rejected a bid which could see Sacramento Kings move to Seattle and voted instead to keep the franchise in Sacramento.
"This was not an anti-Seattle vote, it was a pro-Sacramento vote," said NBA commissioner David Stern, who also expressed his hope to have a deal in place within two days with a group that wants to buy the team from the Maloof brothers, reports Xinhua.
The 22-8 vote Wednesday, followed a recommendation made last month by the NBA's relocation committee, rejected the deal that would have sold 65 percent controlling interest of the franchise, valuing $625 million, to a Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, who boosted the offer twice after the NBA showed an unwillingness to relocate.
Hansen hoped to move the franchise to Seattle and rename it the SuperSonics. The original Seattle Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 and were renamed the Thunders.
It's the second time since 2011 that the Maloof brothers have made plans that would have ended in relocation for the Kings. The first target was Anaheim, California.
- €110m recommended for Aer Lingus pension scheme
- AIB agrees to defer pension scheme closure
- Tackling New Tech In The Golden Years
- All Black Ali Williams emotional retirement from rugby - video
- TR Retirement Carpenter may return to Cards
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Lincolns life-saving note put up for 15000 dollars
- Packs Rodgers Urlacher favorite opponent
- Vick says hes still NFLs fastest quarterback
- Source Seahawks TE McCoy tears Achilles
- Pacers say theyll stand up to physical Heat
- A-Rod sells house for $30M makes $15M profit
- Cabinet approves proposal for creation of 20751 additional posts in IT Dept
- Berlusconi at centre of massive tax fraud says court
- EU regulators seek tax transparency from companies
- China US sign memo on audit files access
- Mayors McCallion Morrison Pledge Support for New Funds for Transportation
- News Corporation Board Approves Split of Company
- Google advertising under investigation in US
- Saks Fifth Avenue Explores A Sale Woos Investors With Prime Manhattan Real Estate
- INFOGRAPHIC Inside The Mobile Real-Time Bidding Ad Ecosystem
- Ad of the Day Dodge
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wash. gov declares state of emergency for bridge
- Fake cop targeting Seattles elderly in cash scam
- Collapsed I-5 bridge was used by 71000 cars a day detours set up
- Seattles pot pigs go high on hog
- SWAT justified in fatal Hoquiam shooting