US General Motors Co. is set to recall about 231,000 older SUVs over fire risks and has urged owners to park them outside garages until they are repaired, a media report said. The Detroit-based automaker agreed to recall 193,000 2006-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, SAAB 9-7x, Isuzu Ascender and 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL in the US, reported ...
Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on Tuesday said that for Infrastructure Debt Funds (IDFs), we should try to mobilise resources from insurance and pension sectors as these funds are available for long term horizon. Chidambaram, who was speaking after launching the maiden IDF scheme of IIFCL Mutual Fund (IDF) here today, later handed over In-Principle sanction approval letters issued by IIFCL ...
Women are likely to show five times more interest in a younger man than an older one, while dating online, a report has revealed. According to the study published in Time magazine, the numbers from various dating sites consistently show that both men and women opt for younger partners, New York Daily News reported A website, AYI, examined data from its 68 million downloads and 20 million ...
As Lexington plans to build a new senior citizens center, the YMCA of Central Kentucky proposed on Tuesday a partnership in which the YMCA would build and operate four senior center facilities attached to YMCA locations in Fayette County.David Martorano, president and CEO of YMCA of Central Kentucky, told the Urban County Council's social services and community development committee that ...
A 73-year-old Lexington woman was jailed Tuesday because police say she left an elderly man under her care in a filthy home.Julia Polsgrove was charged with one count of knowingly abusing or neglecting an adult and was being held in the Fayette County Detention Center.The home on Kilkenny Court was littered with filth and animal feces and was condemned, city spokeswoman Susan Straub ...
66.1°F Scattered Clouds
Joseph Kosinskis Oblivion is really no more derivative a science fiction thriller than most these days, it just has the unfortunate tendency of seeming to be more obvious about it. Although he originally conceived of it as a graphic novel in the late 2000s, Kosinski has managed to trans ... ...
RCMP are investigating the death of a 27-year-old woman in a Kelowna home.Constable Kris Clark says the death is believed to be suspicious.He is giving few details but says the Serious Crime Unit has been called in.Police have been at the home since early this ...
OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - Oklahoma executed on Tuesday a man who was convicted of stabbing an elderly couple to death during a robbery at their home that netted $73, some of which he and convicted accomplices used to buy ...
Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim, among the richest people in the world with a fortune of $73 billion, says that workers in developed countries reach their prime at 60. Billionaire Carlos Slim, age 73, says workers--those in developed economies, anyway--are at their prime in their 60s and there is no reason for them to retire. "When you have an industrial economy like in the past where ...
3 hours ago After a public disagreement that threatened to blow up into a larger battle, Chrysler said Tuesday that it agreed to recall 2.7 million Jeep vehicles that a government safety watchdog said could potentially erupt into fire if rear-ended.Chrysler had been expected to file papers Tuesday refusing to comply with a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's voluntary recall ...
The Bureau of Economic Analysis recently reported that personal savings rates in the United States fell to an average of 2.3% in the first quarter of 2013. That's just the latest sign that millions of Americans are heading toward an impoverished old age. Why do people have so much trouble saving for retirement? One problem is that it is not easy to ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
JW Marriott, Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
This luxury establishment is located in Summerlin, a golfing community about a 15 minute drive northwest of the Las Vegas ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Danny Green and Gary Neal outscored Heat "Big Three" to give San Antonio Spurs a 113-77 victory over defending champion Miami Heat, establishing 2-1 series lead in 2013 NBA Finals here on Tuesday.
Both Green and Neal did excellent job beyond the arch. Green knocked down seven three pointers, only missing two attempts, while Neal buried six out of 10. Green scored a game high 27 points and Neal, coming from the bench, added 24. The Spurs duo combined 51 points, outscoring the 43 from the "Big Three" (16 from Dwyane Wade, 15 from LeBron James and 12 from Chris Bosh).
"Not getting down if things didn't go well, to continue to push and to work, and to Danny's credit, he's done that," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich about Danny Green, who had been cut twice during the last couple of year. Green led all players with 56 points after the first three Finals games, six more than James, Xinhua reports.
"Luckily I've been open," said Green.
"My teammates did a good job of finding me and encouraging me to shoot every time when I'm open. Pop does a great job telling us let it fly."
Tim Duncan added 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Spurs. Kawhi Leonard contributed 14 points and 12 rebounds.
The Spurs hit 16 three pointers, best in NBA Finals history, and out-rebounded the Heat 52-36. ...
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Chidambaram for mobilsation of resources from insurance and pension sector for IDFs
- Women want younger men while dating online
- YMCA offers to build operate four Lexington senior citizens centers
- Lexington woman is accused of leaving elderly man in filthy home
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Becks was offered kicker trial by NFL scout while at LA Galaxy
- Yankees acquire ex-Met prospect Martinez
- Mets rookie P Wheeler wins 1st career start
- Os homer twice off Verlander to top Tigers
- Baylors Jackson cant work out for draft
- G8 leaders focus on taxation counter-terrorism at final day of summit
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Launch Of Private Offering Of Senior Notes
- Media Advisory - WestJet Encore to unveil its first Bombardier Q400
- Media Advisory - Global conference to feature investor education experts from six continents
- Audit Finds Sex Abuse Was Topic Decades Ago
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Snoop gear in set-top boxes may soon monitor TV viewers every move
- Charles Saatchi confesses to assaulting wife Nigella Lawson in public
- News Corp. print assets start trading in Australia
- Its Official Selma Blair Not Returning to Anger Management
- Federal fight dampens agency advertising spend
- Cannes impressions Innovation category should showcase inventions with purpose
- Nickelodeon Resists Critics of Food Ads
- Advertising Finding Ms. Right at the Board Game Table
- Cannes impressions Lions play xiu qiu
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- ACLU claims public defense system failing in 2 Wash. towns
- Man convicted in fatal beating of Woodinville teacher
- Local governments spend big to lobby Legislature
- Pirates end Latos streak beat Reds 4-0
- Orioles hit Verlander hard beat Tigers 5-2