WASHINGTON - A handful of vehicles and some people plunged into a river after a more than half a century old bridge that links Seattle in the US with Canada collapsed, throwing the movement on the highway into disarray. Authorities said there were no deaths in the bridge collapse on the Skagit River in the US state of Washington. Three people were rescued and taken to hospitals, they ...
Morgan Freeman, who was caught dozing during an interview with Seattle's Fox Q13 on Wednesday, made light of the incident. But the 75-year-old actor told People magazine that he wasn't actually sleeping, asserting that he was a beta tester for Google Eyelids, the New York Daily News reported. He added that he was merely updating his Facebook page. ...
Toothless Jake (formerly Artis the Spoonman), a Woody Guthrie sing-along for kids, Wu Jiying on Chinese zither, the Anzanga Marimba Ensemble, Sampada Bhalerao on sitar and the Vela Luka Croatian Dance Ensemble. That’s right, it’s the Northwest Folklife Festival, Day Two, at the Seattle Center. Gates open at 11 a.m. through ...
The Washington State Patrol says a semi-truck driver fell asleep and crashed into a tree Saturday morning, blocking the eastbound lanes of state Route 8 for ...
SPOKANE, Wash. — The vice chairman of the Spokane Tribe has resigned under pressure from tribal members. The Spokesman-Review ( http://is.gd/KrouAs) reports Rodney W. Abrahamson resigned on Thursday. Abrahamson had been convicted of five misdemeanors after he illegally killed two bison north of Yellowstone National Park in February. Montana wildlife agents say he lied about his identity ...
The House on Haunted Hill
When infamous horror director/producer William Castle made schlock-shock movies like 1958's "The House on Haunted Hill," there was a certain charm to the effort that overrode the fundamental tastelessness of most of his work. Castle was a born showman (he once said that he modeled his career on P.T. Barnum), a talented promoter who was constantly coming up with new and devious ways to thrill and ... ...
The collapse of an interstate highway bridge in Washington state brings new attention to the limits of the country’s infrastructure, especially older structures that were designed with little room for error and were never intended to carry the number of cars and trucks they see ...
The city of Port Angeles has agreed to pay a man $125,000 to settle a claim from last year that police used excessive force in catching him after he fled on a ...
Washington state's financial management agency has been conducting legal and historical research to determine what would happen if lawmakers fail to pass a new budget before the start of the fiscal ...
CENTRALIA, Wash. — A Centralia mother has been sentenced to 6 months in jail for allowing her 22-month-old to smoke marijuana. KOMO-TV reports ( http://is.gd/7uKIEh) prosecutors used a cell phone video that appeared to show 24-year-old Rachelle Braaten's young son smoking from a bong. They do not believe the video uncovered in March was the first time he was exposed to drugs. ...
MIAMI — Chris Bosh stood up in a relatively quiet Miami Heat locker room and offered a concise, blunt and accurate assessment of where things stand so far in the Eastern Conference finals. "Our backs are against the wall," Bosh said. He's absolutely correct. Advantage, Indiana. Over the first two games of these Eastern Conference finals in Miami, it was Indiana that ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Sweet Home Hotel
It is not often we review a hotel of this size, or of this budget range, so it was a ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Morgan Freeman, who was caught dozing during an interview with Seattle's Fox Q13 on Wednesday, made light of the incident.
But the 75-year-old actor told People magazine that he wasn't actually sleeping, asserting that he was a beta tester for Google Eyelids, the New York Daily News reported.
He added that he was merely updating his Facebook page. (ANI)
- Heart failure ups risk of male menopause 4 fold
- Blackstone notifies Cohens SAC it intends to pull money pension consultant
- Collapse refocuses attention on aging spans
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Haynes Johnson dies
- Riots spread outside Stockholm Sweden in sixth night of violence
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- Damac to deliver Oceanscape apartments four years late
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- Thousands walk run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Boston Marathon group completes last mile
- French Open officials unveil plans for retractable roof
- Frances Alize Cornet wins Strasbourg title
- Beautiful scenes from Boston as thousands of runners finish the Boston Marathon
- Consolidated Final State Account 2012 Audit Finalised
- Government of Canada Commemorates the Battle of Fort George
- Pcaob Enters Into Enforcement Cooperation Agreement With Chinese Regulators
- Ima Announces Winners Of Educator And Student Awards
- Fasb Seeks Input On Revising U.S. Gaap Financial Reporting Taxonomy Calculation Hierarchy
- Why Miles Nadal Is Wrong To Only Hire People In Their 20s
- The Social Media Advertising Ecosystem Explained
- This Survey Says Tumblr Is a Ghost Town For Brands
- Bloomberg Businessweek Is Trying To Shame Millennials Into Moving Out Of Their Parents House
- The new Heineken advert
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Morgan Freeman defends dozing off mid interview
- Saturday Memo Scamming grandma . . . Folklife Day Two . . . Bridge detours
- All lanes of east WA 8 blocked after truck crash
- Vice chair of Spokane Tribe resigns under pressure