NEW YORK - Aiming to tackle recent high-profile breaches, popular micro-blogging site Twitter is introducing an optional two-step login for users to beef up security. The new system would try to ensure "it's really you" when a user signs in to Twitter, which transmits some 400 million messages a day. The move follows recent attacks into the twitter accounts of news organisations' such as ...
Teenagers are now turning to Twitter as their enthusiasm for Facebook is waning, a new study has found. The new report from the Pew Research Centre in America showed that teenagers "have waning enthusiasm" for Facebook, and increasingly seen as a burden. The report cited a number of reasons for the decreased enthusiasm in Facebook, including an 'increasing number of adults on the site', the ...
Australian Test cricketer David Warner has copped a 5750-dollar fine from Cricket Australia for his Twitter rant controversy. Warner had pleaded guilty to unbecoming behaviour after his expletive-laden criticism of senior News Ltd cricket writers Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn for an article by Craddock exposing the sleazy nightlife and alleged corruption within the Indian Premier League ...
DALLAS, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (NYSE: AHT) today announced that Monty J. Bennett, Ashford's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, has launched an official Twitter channel (@MBennettAshford) with the goal of increasing the quality and accessibility of the Company's communications. Mr. Bennett commented "Twitter is a convenient and timely way ...
Chrome this week. Today, I chatted with Google to ask it burning questions like, "How many children does Madonna have?" and "What's the meaning of life?" While Google doesn't quite have the latter down just yet, it was able to comment on the matter, at least superficially (try it and see). The "OK Google" search prompt we heard about at I/O isn't ...
Le beau Serge [Blu-Ray]
It is often forgotten that Claude Chabrols Le beau Serge is technically the first film of the French New Wave--or at least the first feature-length film to be produced by one of the young film critics whose writings in Cahiers du cinma in the 1950s helped to reshape the p ... ...
launched a new Lead Generation card for mareters . Today, the company announced the availability of TV ad targeting, which has been developed through its acquisition of Bluefin Labs. Twitter says it’s designed to make it easier to extend and enhance TV ad campaigns. The offering is now available for Promoted Tweets in limited beta to select partners running national TV commercials in the ...
MENLO PARK, Calif. -- Facebook highlighted its developer platform on Thursday, throwing out some big numbers around how third-party apps benefit from connecting to users through the social network. The social network opened up its platform to independent developers six years ago Friday, Director of Product Manager Doug Purdy told journalists today at a press conference at Facebook's ...
IDG News Service (San Francisco Bureau) - Internet communities are more trustworthy than some big corporations, but mobile is proving a hard nut to crack even for the best of them, actor and venture capitalist Ashton Kutcher told CTIA Wireless Thursday. "Facebook is the new religion," Kutcher said. "It's a deeper trust bond that I have with someone." Mass religions ...
Tim Parsey, Yahoo Inc.'s SVP of user experience design, will be leaving his position, according to AllThingsD. Parsey's work as Yahoo's design chief can be seen in the major redesigns of several of the company's products, including the homepage, Flickr, and email, among others. There's no telling what his next stop will be, but it may be seen as a significant loss to Yahoo. ...
Pandora Media Inc. lost $28.6 million in the April quarter, pushing its accumulated deficit -- that's how much money it has lost or written off since it started -- to $168.1 million. The Oakland company (NYSE: P) lost $20.2 million a year ago in the first quarter. Sales rose to $125.5 million in the quarter, up from $80.8 million a year ago, with strong gains in both advertising sales and ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The NBA board of governors rejected a bid which could see Sacramento Kings move to Seattle and voted instead to keep the franchise in Sacramento.
"This was not an anti-Seattle vote, it was a pro-Sacramento vote," said NBA commissioner David Stern, who also expressed his hope to have a deal in place within two days with a group that wants to buy the team from the Maloof brothers, reports Xinhua.
The 22-8 vote Wednesday, followed a recommendation made last month by the NBA's relocation committee, rejected the deal that would have sold 65 percent controlling interest of the franchise, valuing $625 million, to a Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, who boosted the offer twice after the NBA showed an unwillingness to relocate.
Hansen hoped to move the franchise to Seattle and rename it the SuperSonics. The original Seattle Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 and were renamed the Thunders.
It's the second time since 2011 that the Maloof brothers have made plans that would have ended in relocation for the Kings. The first target was Anaheim, California.
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Another SC Pension Fund Battle
- Mystery of aging Swiss scientists one step closer to breaking longevity secrets
- Man charged after elderly couple assaulted in County of Wetaskiwin
- 84-year-old woman charged with trafficking cocaine marijuana in New Mexico
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Volunteers Help Revive LAs Concrete River
- Rangers Richards deserved the hook
- Cards ink 3rd-round pick Mathieu to contract
- Avs reach agreement with Roy as next coach
- Redskins Garcon had surgery on labrum
- LeBron says Jordans scouting report wrong
- Google wants rational tax system following criticism over firms lesser tax transparency
- European leaders hold summit on tax evasion
- IAMGOLD shareholders re-elect board of directors
- IIROC Trading Resumption - EXX
- CIMA and Career Edge partner to bridge the careers of internationally qualified accountants
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- David Boreanaz Kate Walsh Minka Kelly Among Cast in Neil LaButes DirecTV Drama
- American Express CDC Take Home Top GoodWorks Effie Awards
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitters Profane FML Hashtag Changes It to Mean Fun My Life
- UPDATE 1-Pandora reports higher revenue on mobile advertising
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Denver delivers annual awards
- Verizon And J.Lo Are Launching A Mobile Brand For Latinos
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nearly all U.S. states see hefty drop in teen births Nevada rate falls 30 percent
- Man arrested for allegedly assaulting 5-week-old baby
- Car damaged as shots fired in South Seattle
- Endangered crane chick born at Seattle zoo
- Sorry Seattle Thunder named Sports Team of the Year