A new report by the UN International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) and PwC warns that large multinationals' dependencies on international supply chains, infrastructure and markets poses a systemic risk to 'business as usual'. The findings come after a separate report, the UN's Global Assessment of Risk (GAR13) report warned that direct losses from floods, ...
Rumours that Yahoo might be in discussions to buy Tumblr emerged last week, and on Friday Yahoo called for a mystery press event to be held in New York City on Monday afternoon. Tumblr's headquarters are in ...
President Barack Obama and White House Senior Advisor Dan Pfeiffer, right, react to a reporter's question as they leave the Treasury Department in Washington, Jan. 16, ...
The Democratic Republic of the Congo Fixes October 2015 as the Date for the Launch of the First Phase of the Largest Hydroelectric Plant in the World
7 March 2013 the DRC has now re-launched the process for the selection of a developer and established the objective of laying the first foundation stone for the Grand Inga project ...
Serial Entrepreneur Ashish J. Thakkar Introduces Mara Online - a Unique Set of Social Portals for Connecting Africa Globally
Mara Online provides professional, personal and social tools for communicating, networking, innovating and collaborating across ...
61.8°F Mostly Cloudy
Planet of the Apes (2001)
Tim Burton's "reimagining" of Planet of the Apes is not particularly good science fiction, but it is a well-crafted, atmospheric action movie that pits humans against simians in a battle for supremacy. What is ultimately disappointing about Burton's film is not what he has brought to the movie, but what he has left out, namely any sense of the artistry and unique voice that one would expec ... ...
34 Allegations Made for Abuse in 2012; Some Already Rejected as UnfoundedWASHINGTON, D.C., May 09, 2013 (Zenit.org) - The annual audit of diocesan compliance with the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People found a drop in the number of allegations, number of victims and number of offenders reported in 2012.The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA), which gathered ...
COSO TO ISSUE UPDATED INTERNAL CONTROL FRAMEWORK IN MAY The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) -- an organization providing thought leadership and guidance on internal control, enterprise risk management, and fraud deterrence -- has issued its updated Internal Control-Integrated Framework (Framework) and related illustrative documents. COSO's ...
Barack Obama did not seem to do any serious damage to his popularity among U.S. voters, a CNN poll released Sunday concluded. The CNN/ORC International poll -- conducted Friday and Saturday -- pegged the president's job approval at 53 percent, slightly better than the 51 percent approval level the same poll found in early April. "That two-point difference is well within the ...
From left to right in the photo : Marco Morneau, employee, Sunnymel; Claude Chapdelaine, Manager of the Sunnymel plant; Pierre Michaud, Mayor of the Village of Clair; the Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development; Rjean Nadeau, President and CEO of Olymel; the Honourable David Alward, Premier of New Brunswick; Thomas Soucy, President and CEO of Westco; ...
IDG News Service (San Francisco Bureau) - Washington's biggest problem when it comes to Bitcoin may just be that policymakers on the Hill don't know enough about it, yet. That was the general consensus of a panel of legal experts speaking Saturday at a Silicon Valley conference devoted to the nascent digital currency. "Congress is the wild card here," said Jerry Brito , ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Pan Pacific Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
This spectacularly located waterfront hotel backs on to the CBD and the Gas Light district at Canada Place, adjoining the ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The NBA board of governors rejected a bid which could see Sacramento Kings move to Seattle and voted instead to keep the franchise in Sacramento.
"This was not an anti-Seattle vote, it was a pro-Sacramento vote," said NBA commissioner David Stern, who also expressed his hope to have a deal in place within two days with a group that wants to buy the team from the Maloof brothers, reports Xinhua.
The 22-8 vote Wednesday, followed a recommendation made last month by the NBA's relocation committee, rejected the deal that would have sold 65 percent controlling interest of the franchise, valuing $625 million, to a Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, who boosted the offer twice after the NBA showed an unwillingness to relocate.
Hansen hoped to move the franchise to Seattle and rename it the SuperSonics. The original Seattle Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 and were renamed the Thunders.
It's the second time since 2011 that the Maloof brothers have made plans that would have ended in relocation for the Kings. The first target was Anaheim, California.
- 45th Session of Indian Labour Conference concludes
- Seniors compete in Ms. Conejo Valley pageant
- Australia way older than you think
- Mazzarri announces Napoli retirement
- Virginia Gibson Singer actress and dancer who starred in hit musicals of the 1940s and ’50s
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Alleged unmasked CIA agent leaves Russia
- Sushil Kumar Shinde leaves for U.S. to participate in Indo-US Homeland Security dialogue
- US Pak should acknowledge each others roles in good work they do Sherry Rehman
- Stein San Antonio defangs Zach Randolph
- PBT Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- Pedroia Middlebrooks homers power Red Sox to fifth straight win
- Braves blast Jansen Dodgers 2nd straight game
- Lackey-led Red Sox withstand delay Twins
- Businesses urged to tackle disaster risk reduction in new UN PwC led initiative
- Report Yahoo board approves deal to buy Tumblr for $1.1bn
- US Official White House Was Unaware of IRS Misdeeds
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo Fixes October 2015 as the Date for the Launch of the First Phase of the Largest Hydroelectric Plant in the World
- Serial Entrepreneur Ashish J. Thakkar Introduces Mara Online - a Unique Set of Social Portals for Connecting Africa Globally
- Head of The A.P. Criticizes Seizure of Phone Records
- News From the Advertising Industry
- Disney NBCUniversal and Paramount Plan Bold Studio Expansions
- Advertising A Season of Families Vampires and Aliens
- Disney stands behind sexy new Brave look
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Cheerleader beats cancer with help from drug developed locally
- Twins Drop Fifth Straight 5-1 To Red Sox
- Rainiers win on Triunfels homer in ninth
- Research morsels Swallow with care
- More than 3000 customers without power in West Seattle