WASHINGTON - A U.S. appeals court has upheld a decision by the U.S. Export-Import Bank to finance the sale of 30 Boeing wide-body jets to Indian state-owned carrier Air India in a legal challenge brought by Delta Air Lines to the loan guarantee. The court has however directed the government-run bank to better explain its rationale for providing loan guarantee, which Delta claimed as a ...
LONDON - Internet giant Google said it is spending $5 million to wipe images of child abuse off the Internet and another $2 million to create tools to find the images and eradicate them. "We're in the business of making information widely available, but there's certain 'information' that should never be created or found," wrote Jacqueline Fuller, director of Google Giving, in a blog post. ...
DURBAN / LONDON - South Africa's biggest generic drug maker Aspen Pharmacare and its subsidiary Aspen Global Incorporated have made an offer to acquire thrombosis drugs and their associated manufacturing site at Notre Dame de Bondeville, France, from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). "AGI will acquire from GSK the Arixtra and Fraxiparine/Fraxodi brands and business worldwide, except in China, Pakistan ...
BEIJING - China, the world's biggest carbon emitter, is set to launch Tuesday its first carbon trading scheme as a pilot project in the southern city of Shenzhen as part of efforts to cut emissions in its key cities. Carbon emissions trading schemes are meant to encourage companies to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions by setting a limit or a cap, on the level of emission that can be ...
LONDON - The consumer price index (CPI) inflation increased to 2.7% in May, up from 2.4% in April, mainly due to higher fuel costs pushing up transportation costs particularly airfares, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said Tuesday. The ONS said the rise was due to a record increase in airfares and higher fuel prices. "The inflation rate has returned to the levels seen between ...
The Perfect Storm
"I had some misgivings about calling it The Perfect Storm, but in the end I decided that the intent was sufficiently clear. I use perfect in the meteorological sense: a storm that could not possibly have been worse." -- Sebastian Junger, from the Foreword to "The Perfect Storm" ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
Men's Wearhouse Inc. has dismissed its founder and executive chairman George Zimmer.In a terse release issued Wednesday, the company didn't give a reason for the abrupt firing of Zimmer, who built Men's Wearhouse from one small Texas store using a cigar box as a cash register to one of the nation's largest specialty retailers in men's clothing, with 1,143 locations.In ...
"It's just some last-minute nervousness about exactly what the Fed statement will say and what Bernanke might say at his press conference this afternoon," said David Hilder, analyst at Drexel ...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Adobe Systems Inc. jumped Wednesday, but the tech sector was weighed down by sliding shares of Apple Inc. and Microsoft ...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Sprint Nextel Corp. fell on Wednesday after Dish Network Corp. opted not to raise its competing offer for the wireless carrier, all but effectively yielding the field to Japan's SoftBank ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Tropical gardens, salt water lagoons, exotic wildlife, two championship golf courses, a full service health spa, eight tennis courts, racquetball, ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Danny Green and Gary Neal outscored Heat "Big Three" to give San Antonio Spurs a 113-77 victory over defending champion Miami Heat, establishing 2-1 series lead in 2013 NBA Finals here on Tuesday.
Both Green and Neal did excellent job beyond the arch. Green knocked down seven three pointers, only missing two attempts, while Neal buried six out of 10. Green scored a game high 27 points and Neal, coming from the bench, added 24. The Spurs duo combined 51 points, outscoring the 43 from the "Big Three" (16 from Dwyane Wade, 15 from LeBron James and 12 from Chris Bosh).
"Not getting down if things didn't go well, to continue to push and to work, and to Danny's credit, he's done that," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich about Danny Green, who had been cut twice during the last couple of year. Green led all players with 56 points after the first three Finals games, six more than James, Xinhua reports.
"Luckily I've been open," said Green.
"My teammates did a good job of finding me and encouraging me to shoot every time when I'm open. Pop does a great job telling us let it fly."
Tim Duncan added 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Spurs. Kawhi Leonard contributed 14 points and 12 rebounds.
The Spurs hit 16 three pointers, best in NBA Finals history, and out-rebounded the Heat 52-36. ...
- New drug offers new hope for AMD sufferers
- Older males make better fathers
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies aged 90
- Dont judge anti-aging cream by price
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Obama refuses to specify US support for Syrian rebels
- Afghans break off talks with US on security deal
- Kuznetsova out of Wimbledon with abdominal strain
- Serena apologizes for criticism of Steubenville rape victim
- Serena backtracks on Steubenville comment
- Lee wants to win with Phils not elsewhere
- Serena apologizes for statements on rape case
- Confirmation.com Audit Service Helps FBI Uncover Fraud Scheme
- Java 7 Update 25 fixes 40 security issues turns on certificate revocation checking
- Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund Declares June Distribution
- George Christopoulos joins BILD as Vice President Communications and Media Relations
- HGS Makes Major Additions to its Leadership Team
- UN headquarters in Somalia attacked
- Assange to stay in Ecuador embassy even if charges are dropped
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over phone hacking
- Facebook looking to partner with Samsung to boost mobile advertising sales
- Mens Wearhouse Mysteriously Fires CEO And Founder
- P. Diddy Met With The Most Important Advertisers In The World And Told Them He Hates Their Work
- Four New Ads From Apple Show The Company Going Through A Thrilling Change In Direction
- Sean Diddy Combs Pitches Revolt and Tells Advertisers How to Be Cool
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Lakewood narrows manager candidate list to 2
- Man found naked semiconscious outside Capitol Hill bar
- Lakewood police kill man after he refuses to drop gun
- Man wakes up to find stranger in bed with him
- Man pleads not guilty to killing girlfriend putting her body in acid