TACOMA — If pitcher Jeremy Bonderman was hoping to impress the Mariners, he didn't do it Thursday night. Bonderman allowed eight runs in five innings as visiting Nashville pounded the Tacoma Rainiers 11-2 in a Pacific Coast League game before 3,099 at Cheney Stadium. Bonderman surrendered 11 hits and saw his ERA climb to 4.68. Jesus Montero pinch hit for the Rainiers (29-19) in the ...
The major highway bridge linking Seattle with Canada and the rest of the Pacific Northwest region collapsed on Thursday evening, dumping a handful of vehicles and people into a river, the Washington State Patrol said. Authorities said there were no deaths, and three people were rescued and taken to hospitals.The four-lane Interstate 5 bridge - more than half a century old - collapsed about ...
An I-5 bridge over the Skagit River in Mount Vernon collapsed Thursday evening, sending cars and people into the water. Three people were rescued from the water and taken to hospitals; a statement from the governor said one person may be unaccounted ...
The collapse of the bridge on Interstate 5 across the Skagit River is sure to snarl traffic, upset plans and disrupt commerce this Memorial Day ...
DETROIT — Ron Gardenhire has never made a secret of his admiration for Prince Fielder. The Minnesota Twins manager has often called the Detroit Tigers' slugger one of the best and smartest hitters and baseball, and openly talks about telling his pitchers not to let Fielder beat them. That's why Thursday night was so tough. With the game tied at six in the eighth inning, ...
50.8°F Mostly Cloudy
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax [Blu-Ray]
The Lorax, a clever environmental fable first published in 1971, has always been the angriest and most directly political book authored by the prolific Theodore Geisel (aka, Dr. Seuss), even though the author himself always professed to be wary of lecturing and speechifying. Thu ... ...
BOSTON — Terry Francona returned to Fenway Park and found some more pleasant memories. A standing ovation. A video tribute to his time as manager of the Boston Red Sox. And, most important, a win for his Cleveland Indians. Drew Stubbs, Mark Reynolds and Michael Bourn combined for nine hits and eight runs batted in and the Indians had 16 hits in their 12-3 win on Thursday night. "I ...
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Ervin Santana's mastery of the strike zone against his former teammates was incomplete. Sure, he struck out eight, but he also gave up four home runs and the Kansas City Royals lost to the Los Angeles Angels 5-4 Thursday night. "He throws a lot of strikes, and he's around the plate," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "He had his fastball up to 95 a ...
RENTON, Wash. — Police are looking for two men involved in a gunfight at a Renton park that wounded a teenage girl. KOMO reports (http://bit.ly/12PzCdn) the girl was hit more than once Wednesday night and was taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Witnesses told police several men were arguing at Liberty Park when two pulled out guns and started shooting. --- Information from: ...
RENTON, Wash. — A young woman caught in gunfire at a Renton, Wash., park reportedly suffered gunshot wounds to the torso Wednesday night. KING-TV reports the victim was in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Police responded to Liberty Park after receiving reports of gunfire. Witnesses say an argument involving several people took place just before they heard ...
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. Authorities say there were no fatalities when an Interstate 5 bridge over a river north of Seattle collapsed. The Thursday evening bridge failure dumped vehicles and people into the water. Marcus Deyerin , a spokesman for the Northwest Washington Incident Management team, said there were no fatalities or suspected fatalities. He said three people were rescued from the water ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Seattle BulletinSeattle Bulletin – Source for Seattle News Online
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Seattle news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Seattle Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Seattle.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Seattle weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Seattle Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The NBA board of governors rejected a bid which could see Sacramento Kings move to Seattle and voted instead to keep the franchise in Sacramento.
"This was not an anti-Seattle vote, it was a pro-Sacramento vote," said NBA commissioner David Stern, who also expressed his hope to have a deal in place within two days with a group that wants to buy the team from the Maloof brothers, reports Xinhua.
The 22-8 vote Wednesday, followed a recommendation made last month by the NBA's relocation committee, rejected the deal that would have sold 65 percent controlling interest of the franchise, valuing $625 million, to a Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, who boosted the offer twice after the NBA showed an unwillingness to relocate.
Hansen hoped to move the franchise to Seattle and rename it the SuperSonics. The original Seattle Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 and were renamed the Thunders.
It's the second time since 2011 that the Maloof brothers have made plans that would have ended in relocation for the Kings. The first target was Anaheim, California.
- Jury rules for Trump over 87-year-old woman in Chicago hotel dispute
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parents Loneliness
- Trump wins lawsuit against elderly woman
- Haas Dusseldorf run ends in retirement
- BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi star Paul Shane dies aged 72 after short illness
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Mexican woman gets first transplant of ovaries in Latin America
- Home is where the wins are
- Seattle QB Wilson Harvins talent off the charts
- Fielders RBI single lifts Tigers over Twins
- Orioles Gausman poised in unsteady debut
- Report Mourinho to sign contract with Chelsea
- EU regulators seek tax transparency from companies
- Cabinet approves proposal for creation of 20751 additional posts in IT Dept
- Berlusconi at centre of massive tax fraud says court
- Google wants rational tax system following criticism over firms lesser tax transparency
- Microsoft brushes off claim Xbox Live accounts were compromised
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- The weeks top 10 most-read stories
- YR launches in Myanmar
- PG CEO Bob McDonald Steps Down After Pressure From Bill Ackman Activist Investor
- Ad Age Archives A.G. Lafley Talks Secret to PGs Success
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Seattle Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Pitcher Jeremy Bonderman shelled in 11-2 Tacoma Rainiers loss
- US highway bridge linking Seattle with Canada collapses
- Stunning I-5 bridge collapse
- Bridge collapse will cause holiday travel headaches
- Tigers lose on Fielders single off Burtons glove